Munster Rugby are closely monitoring both the weather forecast and the condition of the pitches at both venues, with every effort being made to ensure the match goes ahead in Cork as planned.
Protective covers have been laid at both venues today. Pitch inspections by the IRFU Referee Department will go ahead at both venues on Friday and Saturday afternoon.
Munster Rugby CEO Garrett Fitzgerald said: "Every effort is being made to ensure that this game goes ahead at Musgrave Park as planned.
"We are monitoring the situation closely, with a back-up plan to play the game at Thomond Park if necessary."
If the decision is taken to move the game, information will be posted immediately on the Munster Rugby website, circulated through the media, with direct communication by email to Supporters Club members, season ticket holders, clubs, schools and supporters who have bought tickets online or by telephone.
This communication will include information on using your match ticket for this game at Thomond Park or a refund policy if unable to attend/travel.
Anyone who has a ticket for this game is advised to monitor the Munster Rugby website, www.munsterrugby.ie, for updates.
A further update will be posted on the Munster Rugby website by 3pm on Friday afternoon.