A number of players in the selected Irish side played at Under-18 Schools level last season, included amongst them are UL Bohemians starlet JJ Hanrahan, Dublin University's Cathal Marsh and Corinthians tyro Aaron Conneely.
More recently, Hanrahan, Marsh, full-back Michael Sherlock and Ulster Ravens duo Kyle McCall and Iain Henderson featured in the Ireland Under-20s' friendly win over Italy at Donnybrook.
McCall, Dolphin hooker Niall Scannell and London Irish's Ryan Jablonski will form the front row for Thursday's game at the home of Old Belvedere RFC.
Crosshaven's Darren O'Shea gets a chance to impress in the second row, while Jack Conan from St. Gerard's completes the back row.
The players took part in a three-day training camp prior to Thursday's game, and are also set to face France in April.
IRELAND UNDER-19/UNDER-20 DEVELOPMENT Team & Replacements (v England Under-19 Academies, Friendly Match, Anglesea Road, Thursday, December 30, kick-off 12pm):
15. Michael Sherlock (Clontarf RFC)
14. Mark Corballis (St. Michael's College)
13. Peter Nelson (Royal School Dungannon)
12. JJ Hanrahan (UL Bohemians RFC)
11. Shane Layden (Cistercian College Roscrea)
10. Cathal Marsh (Dublin University)
9. Kieran Marmion (UWIC RFC)
1. Ryan Jablonski (London Irish RFC)
2. Niall Scannell (Dolphin RFC)
3. Kyle McCall (Ballynahinch RFC)
5. Iain Henderson (Queen's University RFC)
6. Conor Gilsenan (Clongowes Wood College) (capt)
7. Aaron Conneely (Corinthians RFC)
8. Jack Conan (St. Gerard's School)
16. Johnny Murphy (Banbridge RFC)
17. Des Merrey (Clontarf RFC)
18. Diarmuid Higgins (Galen Community College)
19. Shane Buckley (Garryowen FC)
20. Sean O'Connell (London Irish RFC)
21. Conor Spence (Queen's University RFC)
22. Jack Carty (Buccanneers RFC)
23. Stephen Murphy (Gonzaga College)
Coach - Colin McEntee
Assistant Coach - Jonny Bell
IRFU High Performance Manager - Allen Clarke
Physiotherapist - Barry Smith
Doctor - Dr Tim O'Flanagan
Strength and Conditioning Coach - Sami Dowling
Kit Manager - Pat Downey
Team Manager - Barney McGonigle