The statement, issued by CLA Chairman John Hussey, read: "Further to the press statement issued by the Celtic League on Friday, June 17, the future of the Celtic League for a period of four years is now confirmed.
"At present a detailed fixture list is being prepared which will follow certain principles:
* Competition will commence and complete on the same dates for all teams
* Irish and Scottish teams will not be playing on international weekends
* Welsh teams will be required to play some mid-week matches to accommodate the Anglo-Welsh Cup
* An offer from the WRU (Welsh Rugby Union) to make a significant additional financial contribution has been accepted
* The potential future inclusion of Italian teams is provided for in the four year agreement
* A further announcement will be made when the 2005/06-fixture list is finalised