We are now looking for a Marketing and Commercial Executive to help us implement our ambitious growth plans through new and innovative ways of marketing our events and products.
The right candidate will be someone who is truly passionate about sports marketing and the world of new digital and social media. You will be commercially astute with the ability to recognise opportunities and move quickly to take advantage.
You will be a quick thinker and someone who displays real ambition to make an impact on our changing business.
Job functions / responsibilities:
1. Assist with the development of marketing strategies
2. To lead the delivery of specific product marketing campaigns – hospitality, supporters club, events, retail – working with suppliers, agencies and media partners
3. To develop the size and quality of Connacht Rugby’s databases and implement good CRM practices
4. To oversee the implementation of social, digital and e marketing policies
5. To act as Brand Guardian for Connacht Rugby across all platforms ensuring high quality execution and consistency with our sponsors, media partners, licensees and retailers
6. To act as a day to day liaison with Ticketmaster and provide operational support to the ticketing function.
7. To support the implementation of new commercial activities and to assist in the sales of new Connacht Rugby products and services.
8. To assist the Commercial Manager in providing marketing and rights delivery support to club sponsors to ensure they receive the highest return possible on their investment.
9. To develop Connacht’s match day experience so that it is compelling, engaging and adds value to our fans.
10. Support delivery of Connacht Rugby outreach programmes by working in tandem with the professional and domestic games staff.
11. Any other duties as nominated by the Head of Marketing during the term.
Skills, Experience, Knowledge and Attributes
• Bachelor Degree or equivalent in Marketing, Business, Communications or Sports Management fields
• 18 months to 3yrs relevant experience
• A keen interest in the area of sports marketing and professional sports teams
• Rugby knowledge an advantage but not essential
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
• Solution orientated with strong problem solving skills
• Strong time management and attention to detail
• Ability to multitask and take on more responsibility as the business evolves
• Familiar with website Content Management System tools & HTML, Online Marketing (including Social Media and Search Engine Marketing) and Email Marketing
• Resilient with a can do attitude and strong initiative
• Must be able to work match weekends during season
The successful candidate will be an integral part of the next phase in Connacht Rugby’s development and will have an excellent opportunity to build significant experience and contacts in the sports industry within a fast developing sports brand.
To apply – please forward your CV with a cover letter outlining the reasons you should be appointed to the post to firstname.lastname@example.org
Email subject should be titled Application: Marketing and Commercial Executive 2012.
The closing date for applications is Tuesday 12th June. Interviews will be held immediately after closing date. Due to the expected high volume of applicants we can only respond to applicants successfully called to interview.