As the build-up to Saturday's AIB League finals continues, rugby statistician Des Daly takes a look at some pointers for the Division One decider between Clontarf and Shannon.
* Last five AIB League games this season: Clontarf: WWWWW; Shannon: LWWWW
* The regulation AIB League fixture between the two clubs this season took place on Saturday, January 21 last at Castle Avenue. The result was 32-18 in Clontarf's favour.
* Clontarf beat Cork Constitution 26-6 to win through to the final. Shannon got the better of Garryowen, winning 21-20.
* Beginning in the 1977/98 season, the two clubs have played 11 AIB League games against each other - with the Limerick men currently leading 9-2.
* Clontarf have lost twice before to Shannon at the semi-final stage - both games were staged in Limerick.
* Clontarf play in their second final - in 2003, they lost the Division One decider to Ballymena (28-18).
* Shannon are on a hat-trick of Championship wins - they have won the title seven times since the League's inception in 1990/91.
...Clontarf captain Johnny Wickham and Shannon skipper Colm McMahon in flying form at the AIB league finals photocall...
* Shannon have made the final for the fourth time in five seasons and have won the title four times in the last nine seasons.
* Shannon have won all nine play-off matches that they have contested and are competin on finals day for the fifth time since 1998.
* A Munster club graces Division One final for the seventh time in nine seasons - a Leinster club for the third seasons in nine.
* Only three of the nine Division One table-toppers at the end of the regulation season have been crowned champions in the following weeks.
* There have been no previous Leinster club v Munster club Division One finals.
* Saturday's game sees an Irish coach - Mick Galwey of Shannon - go head-to-head against a New Zealander - Clontarf coach Phil Werahiko.
* Shannon won the title four times in the 1990s and on Saturday they are seeking their fourth title since the turn of the century.