10 Dec, 12:23
Ireland's John Lacey will referee his first ever RBS 6 Nations while Alain Rolland is also included in the Elite Panel in what is his last season.
This position involves direct management of all Fitness staff operating within the IRFU.
Reporting directly to the IRFU Director of Rugby, and working closely with the Directors of Coaching at provincial and national level, the successful candidate will have:
• A minimum of 3 years experience in a senior fitness position within a professional rugby environment.
• Development and delivery of fitness-related continued professional development.
• An appreciation and thorough understanding of the structures of Irish rugby and the Long Term Player Development pathway.
• Recognised degree or Higher National diploma in Physical Education, Human Movement, practical certification in sport related competence (i.e. SAQ, Strength and Conditioning, Functional Conditioning).
• Excellent management, organisational, communication and teamwork skills will be a prerequisite for this position.
The successful candidate will receive a remuneration and benefits package commensurate with this high profile position.
Candidates must be available for interview between May 10 and 14.
To apply, please email your Curriculum Vitae with a covering letter of not more than one page highlighting relevant experience. Alternatively, post to:
Human Resources Generalist,
Irish Rugby Football Union,
10-12 Lansdowne Road,
The closing date for applications is Thursday, April 29.
The IRFU is an equal opportunities employer.