24 May, 14:08
The Irish Rugby Supporters Club is delighted to announce that tickets for the GUINNESS Series 2013 will go on sale on ticketmaster.ie at 10am on Thursday, May 30.
"Their number 6, Kelly Brown, likes to carry a lot of ball and right across their back-line there's a huge array of talent, superbly marshalled by Dan Parks at out-half.
"He pins teams back and punishes any errors so we'll have to extra vigilant in our discipline this week.
"Max Evans has real pace out wide, while their full-back (Bernardo) Stortoni is another threat.
"There are a lot of changes to our team this week, but we're going to approach this game in a positive manner. Training has been intense and even though we know we're not favourites, it's a challenge the boys are relishing.
"There's a strong determination to uphold the traditions of the jersey and we'll take confidence from the manner in which the team has ground out victories over the last few months.
"That shows a certain level of mental toughness, which is good. But the biggest objective for us this week is to stick to the game-plan even if there are spells when things are going against us.
"Friday presents an opportunity to show off all the hard work that has been done over the last few months and we're looking forward to the challenge."
Chris Cusiter (Glasgow Warriors) - "It's a huge game for the club. We need to get the four points to keep moving up the table.
"There are just two games to go and we know that if we don't take advantage of this opportunity then the season could come to a pretty quick end.
"The teams that win and do well are the teams that perform at their best at this time of year.
"We need to produce our best rugby to secure a place in the play-offs and the boys are feeling fresh, so I think we're in a good place to do that."
Top Scorers - 2009/10 Magners League: Glasgow Warriors - Points: Dan Parks 184; Tries: Thom Evans 4; Leinster - Points: Jonathan Sexton 113; Tries: Rob Kearney, Isa Nacewa 3 each
RECENT LEAGUE MEETINGS:
Friday, April 6, 2007 - Glasgow Warriors 26 Leinster 20, Hughenden
Friday, October 12, 2007 - Glasgow Warriors 21 Leinster 17, Firhill Stadium
Friday, March 21, 2008 - Leinster 34 Glasgow Warriors 18, the RDS
Friday, October 24, 2008 - Glasgow Warriors 15 Leinster 12, Firhill Stadium
Saturday, April 25, 2009 - Leinster 36 Glasgow Warriors 13, the RDS
Thursday, March 18, 2010 - Leinster 20 Glasgow Warriors 14, the RDS
- Glasgow Warriors have won back-to-back matches in the Magners League against the Newport Gwent Dragons and Ulster
- Glasgow's only defeat in their last seven encounters in all competitions at Firhill Stadium was a 30-7 loss to the Cardiff Blues in February
- The Warriors are going for a clean sweep of home wins against Irish opposition this season
- Table-topping Leinster's seven-match winning streak in the Magners League was ended by Connacht on Wednesday. But they have won their last three games against Scottish opponents
- The last seven matches between these two teams have all been won by the home side on the day. Leinster's most recent win in Glasgow was a 21-18 triumph at Firhill Stadium in the Magners League in May 2006