The coaches had an early start on the Thursday morning at the start of the four day course. The theme of the four days was on Coaching Processes, Management and Leadership.
There were contributions from some of the professional staff in the IRFU, from the media and and some world class coaches from France, England and Italy.
The topics covered were:
- Analysis (Denise Martin, Ireland Under-20 & Lenny Browne, Ireland Under-18)
- Managing Conflict & Difficult People, (Maurice Dowling â00 IRFU Director, Human Resources)
- Managing the Media â00 Journalists (John O'Sullivan â00 Irish Times)
- Managing the Referee (Dave McHugh â00 IRFU)
- Presenation Skills, Time Management & Meetings (Colin Moran â00 IRFU)
- Learning Styles & Sensory Preferences, Player Profiling, Backline Alignments in Attack (Steve Aboud â00 IRFU).
The highlights of the programme were international contributions from:
- Kevin Bowring â00 Leadership, Development & Coaching (RFU â00 Head of Elite Coach Development)
- Didier RetiÃ©re - Lineout â00 Developing Decision Making (FFR, National Trainer)
- Franco Ascione â00 General Movement in Defence (FIR, Technico Nazionale)
- Fabrice Brochard â00 An Integrated approach to Coaching (FFR, National Trainer)
The coaches are now required to undertake the accreditation process over the next two seasons which includes aspects of Planning, Management, Coaching and Self awareness and ongoing learning.
National Coach Development Manager
IRFU Coaching Courses - Click Here