24 May, 14:08
The Irish Rugby Supporters Club is delighted to announce that tickets for the GUINNESS Series 2013 will go on sale on ticketmaster.ie at 10am on Thursday, May 30.
MAGNERS LEAGUE: Friday, September 1
CARDIFF BLUES v MUNSTER, Arms Park, 7.10pm (live Setanta Sports Ireland/BBC Wales)
Cardiff: Rhys Williams; Chris Czekaj, Jamie Robinson, Marc Stcherbina, Mosese Luveitasau; Nick Robinson, Mike Phillips; Gethin Jenkins, Rhys Thomas, Tufaao Filise, Deiniol Jones, Rob Sidoli, Scott Morgan, Martyn Williams, Xavier Rush (capt).
Replacements: John Yapp, Gareth Williams, Bradley Davies, Robin Sowden-Taylor, Wayne Evans, Nick Macleod, Tom Shanklin.
Munster: Christian Cullen; Shaun Payne, John Kelly (capt), James Downey, Ian Dowling; Jeremy Manning, Tomas O'Leary; Darragh Hurley, Frankie Sheahan, Federico Pucciariello, Donnacha Ryan, Chris Wyatt, Ross Noonan, John O'Sullivan, James Coughlan.
Replacements: Sean Cronin, Tim Ryan, Shane O'Connor, Brendan Cuttriss, Gerry Hurley, Eoghan Hickey, Mossie Lawlor.
Referee: Rob Dickson (Scotland)
Touch Judges: Nigel Owens, David Williams (both Wales)
PREVIOUS LEAGUE MEETINGS:
November 2003 - Munster 31 Cardiff 10, Musgrave Park
April 2004 - Cardiff 60 Munster 14, Arms Park
October 2004 - Munster 49 Cardiff 18, Thomond Park
March 2005 - Cardiff 30 Munster 20, Arms Park
November 2005 - Cardiff 16 Munster 18, Arms Park
May 2006 - Munster 37 Cardiff 8, Thomond Park
- Cardiff Blues have never won their opening match of a league season, whilst Munster have won on the opening weekend for four of the past five seasons
- The Blues finished off last season with seven wins in their last nine league matches and have won five-in-a-row at the Arms Park since losing their to Edinburgh (13-9) last January
- Munster's last visit to the city of Cardiff saw them famously carry off the Heineken Cup title, but in league play, the province have lost on their last three visits to the Principality
- Munster have won four of the six previous meetings between the sides in the league, whilst they have won once in five previous visits to the Arms Park in all competitions against all opponents
- Munster's fit-again hooker Frankie Sheahan has scored three tries in four games against the Blues. Former New Zealand full back Christian Cullen bagged a brace of tries and a drop goal in the 49-18 win at Thomond Park in 2004