The focus is on safety & enjoyment with the coach acting as 'guide' in a player-centred process.
Developing players' all-round skills and game-understanding with an emphasis on Physical Literacy appropriate to the stages of development of each individual are the key technical, tactical & physical module objectives.
The course develops the coach as 'Guide'.
• Participants must be a minimum of 16 yrs of age.
Important Note: Coaches aged 16-18 yrs old are restricted to performing in an Assistant Coach role, under the direct supervision and guidance of an Accredited Mini Rugby coach aged 18yrs or older.
• Priority (where required) will be given to participants actively involved in coaching Mini Rugby.
40 maximum/15 minimum
• Pre-Course Requirement - all attendees must complete an online 'Concussion Awareness' module and examination before printing off their certificate of completion and presenting it upon arrival at the course. Details of this online module are available from the local Branch Coach Development Office.
• Full course attendance.
• Practical demonstration (on course) of safety awareness in skills requiring contact.
• Sign-off and awareness of the IRFU "Child Welfare Document".
The IRFU reserves the right to modify, replace or add to accreditation requirements in accordance with updates to Coach Development programmes.