The course deals with the Units relating to backs & forwards developing them through the use of Key Factor Analysis.
At the end of the course the coach is expected to identify and rectify technical deficiencies within their relevant areas, together with the ability of planning, organising, managing, communicating and developing the skills of his/her players through the implementation of sport specific and generic modules.
The course develops the Assistant coach as 'Challenger'.
• Participants must be 18yrs of age.
• Participants must have proven rugby playing/coaching experience
• Actively coaching a 15-a-side team (Stage 3 LTPD)
• Pre-Course Requirement - all attendees must complete an online 'Concussion Awareness' module and examination before printing off their certificate of completion and presenting it upon arrival at the course. Details of this online module are available from the local Branch Coach Development Office.
• Full course attendance (including two link courses)
• Pass a Laws test
• Log 40 hours coaching (diary) at appropriate level
• Complete a minimum of one Practical Coaching Observation with specific Unit (Backs / Forwards)
The IRFU reserves the right to modify, replace or add to accreditation requirements in accordance with updates to Coach Development programmes.
The IRFU Coach re-licensing programme is currently under development and due for launch in season 2014/2015.
It is envisaged that coaches who successfully complete accreditation will be re-licensed on a 3 yearly basis once they have fulfilled specific 'continuing professional development' (CPD) requirements during that period.
Liable to adjustment as required
Numbers per course:
35 maximum/15 minimum