• NUIM Barnhall (Leinster - 1,000 tickets sold raising €10,000)
• Galwegians (Connacht - 883 tickets sold raising €8,830)
• UL Bohemians (Munster - 787 tickets soldraising €7,870)
• Cavan RFC (Ulster - 776 tickets sold raising €7,760)
Fundraising has topped almost €2million since the introduction of Your Club Your Country in 2011,with the 2013 draw raising an average of €3,080 per club.
This year 39 clubs sold over half their tickets, including 20 which sold over 700 tickets each, raising in excess of €7,000 for their club.
Top Selling Clubs 2013
|Galwegians||NUIM Barnhall||UL Bohemians||Cavan|
IRFU President Pat Fitzgerald said: "We all know how hard pressed families have been in recent years so it is fantastic to see people continue to support their local rugby club.
The Your Club Your Country initiative has been a great success and allows clubs to raise up to €10,000 each year, at no cost to the club,and reinvest the entire amount back into their club.
This year a special mention must go out to the great work done by NUIM Barnhall who sold all 1,000 tickets, but I want to congratulate and thank everyone for getting behind this fundraising initiative and also thank everyone who purchased a ticket and by doing so helped to invest in the future of our grassroots game, which is the bedrock of rugby in Ireland.
We are also very grateful to our community rugby partner Ulster Bank, and all the other sponsors, who donate an amazing array of prizes each year to ensure that the Your Club Your Country draw is not only a great fundraising initiative it is packed with great prizes too."
Interesting facts - lucky clubs!
1. Suttonians have enjoyed a draw winner each year - 5th (2013), 8th (2012) & 7th (2011)
2. Seapoint (2nd& 8th)and Birr (4th& 9th)celebrated 2 winners each in 2013
3. Virginia also enjoyed 2 winners in 2012 (6th& 7th)
4. The top prize tickets were sold in Newcastle West (2013), Barnhall (2012) & Ratoath (2011)