Under the direction of the national Women's programme co-ordinator, the individual(s) would undertake the following:
- To look after the wellbeing of the group (from assembling to dispersing) during sessions, matches and tournaments
- Act as liaison between the management and players
- Ensure the squad operates within the agreed structure
- Guarantee adherence to all IRFU policies and protocols
- To support the team coach regarding requirements for all squad activities
- Ensure players adhere to the IRFU code of conduct at all times
- Manage daily team operations while in camp
The commitment required would vary depending on the season plan, but it is estimated that it would be (on average) two (2) weekends per month. Travel may be required to European tournaments.
As there are under-age players in the squad, all candidates must comply with IRFU child protection policy. The IRFU would provide an honorarium and expenses for the role.
Applicants should satisfy the following criteria:
- Minimum of 3 years' experience as a team manager with either an All-Ireland League team and/or provincial team
- Strong management skills (interpersonal, leadership, motivational, patience and team work)
- Presently a manager with a Women's team in the All-Ireland League or Interprovincial Championship
Candidates who satisfy the above criteria are invited to apply by sending their CV and covering letter outlining their suitability for the role. All applications should be sent to Tanya Abbas by 5pm on Friday, July 19, 2013.