Working with the IRFU Medical Committee, the Head of Medical Services will operate at the cutting-edge of professional sport in Ireland. The successful candidate will be responsible for designing, developing and implementing medical and related strategies, plans and objectives which will deliver a world class medical service for professional rugby players employed by the IRFU and which will deliver up to date advice and policies to inform the wider amateur game at club and schools level.
Primary responsibilities will be:
• Medical Standards - ensuring medical personnel implement the highest possible medical and ethical standards in all aspects of work.
• Medical Policy/Strategy - developing IRFU medical policy as well as define medical practices and procedures in consultation with the IRFU Medical Advisory Committee and ensuring implementation of the agreed policy.
• Player Medical Care - Foster and maintain close links with and between national and provincial Team doctors in relation to player injuries. Ensure that the IRFU are advised on all significant developments in the field of preparation and care of players involved in contact sports to ensure that our systems can truly be regarded as world class
• Finance - planning and reporting on current and forecast medical budgets detailing analysis of current and expected expenditure.
• Injury Prevention / Rehabilitation - designing and implementing high quality and robust injury prevention and rehabilitation processes.
• Anti-Doping Policy - ensuring International Rugby Board and related associations / bodies' anti-doping and substance abuse policies are properly adopted by the IRFU.
The successful candidate will have:
• Full Registration with Medical Council
• Excellent communication skills
• A minimum of 3 years' experience working in Elite sport
• A record of clinical excellence in a relevant field
This is an exciting role which enables the successful candidate to work across the entire spectrum of rugby in Ireland and represents a unique opportunity to meet the medical demands of Irish Rugby as a major sporting organisation both nationally and internationally.
The successful candidate will receive a remuneration and benefits package commensurate with this responsibility. This position is being offered on a 3 year Fixed Term, Part-Time basis. Applicants should note that this role will be based in Dublin.
Please forward your Curriculum Vitae (in confidence) with a covering letter supporting your application to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by post to Maurice Dowling, HR Director, IRFU, 10/12 Lansdowne Road, Ballsbridge, Dublin 4.
Closing date for applications is 21st June 2013.
The IRFU is an equal opportunities employer.