Sligo RFC, an established club with over 120 years of rich history, are offering the opportunity for a talented and ambitious coaching professional to lead their coaching team and senior squad in the Ulster Bank League for the 2014/15 season and beyond.
Continuous learning and talent development is central to Sligo's club culture and they are offering a unique opportunity to an ambitious aspiring coach to progress their career.
They are currently recruiting a head coach for the club's senior squad, based in Sligo.
- Lead the coaching team responsible for the club's senior squad
- Plan and deliver and review all training sessions for the senior squad
- Attend all matches involving the club's senior squad
- Contribute to the identification and recruitment of potential new players
- Oversee pre-season training and liaise with strength & conditioning coach to ensure optimum preparation
- Enhance links with seconds' squad and maintain competitive environment at training
- Provide input into seconds' team selection in order to: accommodate players returning from injury, view player in alternative position, provide players dropping out of the first team with game-time and develop seconds players to strength the first team squad
- Input into Under-19/Under-20 squad with a view to identifying and fostering emerging talent
- Provide feedback to assistant coaches, players and appropriate Sligo RFC committees on progress
- Liaise with executive committee and attend occasional meetings if required
- Position of head coach is, in effect, 'director of senior rugby' within the club with accompanying authority
Minimum Qualification Required:
* Qualified IRB Level 2 coach or in the process of attaining IRB Level 2.
* Prior experience in a similar role would be advantageous
* Track record of working/playing in a professional environment highly desirable
* Willingness and ability to develop a proficiency in rugby analysis type-specific software programs and systems
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* Ability to work independently