The course is intended to help you gain the confidence and competence to condition and prepare the players in your charge in a safe and enjoyable manner.
The course is intended to be a practical, hands-on course where you will see and practice the many drills and exercises that are appropriate for conditioning Rugby players at all levels.
Topics covered include: Principles, Demands, Needs, Warm Ups, Prehab, Functional assessment, Integrated Conditioning, Planning & Periodisation, Testing, Nutrition, Strength, Speed, LTPD, Fundamental Movement Skills.
Course Manager Paudie Roche of Munster Rugby, will be joined by an excellent line up of presenters.
The 2012 course included presentations from:
- Des Ryan IRFU Fitness Education Manager
- Chris Shields IRFU Ulster Sub Academy Fitness Advisor
- Ian Jeffery's UKSCA
- Colin Buckley: IAWA Coach education Director
- Dr PJ Smyth: Head of Motor development in PE and Sports Science at University of Limerick
- Dr. Liam Hennessy
- Ruth Wood Martin: IRFU Performance Nutritionist
- Fergal O'Callaghan: Munster Rugby
Book Online Now - 15% Discount for 3/4 coaches from one club or school.
Queen's University, Belfast - Book Online Now
Date: 24/6/13 - 28/6/13
Aviva Stadium, Dublin - Book Online Now
Date: 1/7/13 - 5/7/13
Limerick Institute of Technology - Book Online Now
Date: 15/7/13 - 19/7/13