Finance and Administration Manager - Connacht Rugby
Connacht Rugby is seeking a Finance and Administration manager to join our team and help continue the outstanding progress the province has made in recent years.
The role and purpose of the position is to deliver professional organisation and management to the financial and administration operations of Connacht Rugby and meet the reporting requirements of the Professional Games Board, Connacht Branch and the IRFU.
Working as Head of Finance, he /she will assume primary responsibility for the functions of the Finance Dept. and also work across all other Departments at Connacht Rugby to ensure financial planning, control of operations and budgetary discipline.
Qualities required include:
• 3 - 5 years' related work experience
• Excellent organisation, communication and teamwork skills
• Outstanding attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines
• Relevant accountancy qualification (ACA / ACCA).
• Knowledge of financial and accounting software packages - in particular Pegasus Opera
• Proficiency in the use of MS Office packages , Word and Excel in particular are essential for the role
• Highest standards of integrity, discipline and personal qualities
• A positive and proactive outlook to dealing with all stakeholders
• A team player able to work using your own initiative
Closing date for applications is Monday 27th May, interviews will be held in mid June
For a full job description or to apply please email Tom Sears - firstname.lastname@example.org , Chief Executive
All applications must include a letter of application, CV, details of current remuneration and date you would be available to start
IRFU - Performance Director
The Performance Director is responsible for the overall leadership and management of the Professional Game in Ireland within the strategic, policy and budgetary parameters laid down by the IRFU Committee.
Reporting to the Chief Executive and accountable through the Chief Executive to the IRFU National Professional Game Board (NPGB), the Performance Director will lead the management of the key coaching and technical support staff involved in the professional game including the National Team Coach, Provincial Head Coaches, High Performance Manager, Medical Director, Director of Fitness.
He/she will have overall responsibility for the delivery of an integrated high performance system with a world class elite player development pathway, world class coaching, world class support services, all delivering consistent and sustained performance by the National Team through excellence and innovation. Working closely with the Provincial CEOs, success at National Team level will be underpinned by consistent and sustained performance of provincial teams measured against agreed KPIs.
• In collaboration with the National Team Coach and Chairman of the NPGB, establish a process for setting KPIs for the National Team and monitoring and evaluating the performance of the National Coach and his coaching and technical staff against those KPIs.
• Establish a process for setting KPIs for provincial teams and coaches with their respective PGBs and for the monitoring and evaluation of the performance of Provincial coaches and their technical staff against those KPIs.
• Responsible for ensuring that systems and structures, along with objective measures and evaluation protocols, are in place across the IRFU Elite Player Development Pathways to ensure delivery of the player succession needs of the National and Provincial Teams.
• Establish an effective operational structure for technical services, integrated across the four Provincial Teams and National Squad.
• Responsible for the preparation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the High Performance Plan.
• Knowledge and understanding of high performance sport at a world class level, ideally with a knowledge of professional rugby in Ireland.
• Knowledge and understanding of world class talent development and performance pathways in a high performance environment, ideally within the sport of rugby.
• Excellent communicator (written and verbal) with an ability to communicate effectively with a diverse range of people, and able to present a highly professional image when representing the IRFU.