10 Dec, 12:23
Ireland's John Lacey will referee his first ever RBS 6 Nations match in February, while Alain Rolland is also included in the Elite Panel in what is his last season.
He/she will have overall responsibility for the delivery of an integrated high performance system with a world class elite player development pathway, world class coaching, world class support services, all delivering consistent and sustained performance by the National Team through excellence and innovation. Working closely with the Provincial CEOs, success at National Team level will be underpinned by consistent and sustained performance of provincial teams measured against agreed KPIs.
• In collaboration with the National Team Coach and Chairman of the NPGB, establish a process for setting KPIs for the National Team and monitoring and evaluating the performance of the National Coach and his coaching and technical staff against those KPIs.
• Establish a process for setting KPIs for provincial teams and coaches with their respective PGBs and for the monitoring and evaluation of the performance of Provincial coaches and their technical staff against those KPIs.
• Responsible for ensuring that systems and structures, along with objective measures and evaluation protocols, are in place across the IRFU Elite Player Development Pathways to ensure delivery of the player succession needs of the National and Provincial Teams.
• Establish an effective operational structure for technical services, integrated across the four Provincial Teams and National Squad.
• Responsible for the preparation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the High Performance Plan.
• Knowledge and understanding of high performance sport at a world class level, ideally with a knowledge of professional rugby in Ireland.
• Knowledge and understanding of world class talent development and performance pathways in a high performance environment, ideally within the sport of rugby.
• Excellent communicator (written and verbal) with an ability to communicate effectively with a diverse range of people, and able to present a highly professional image when representing the IRFU.