- 2017 tournament raises the bar as women’s sport takes centre stage
- New broadcast records set, with France and UK leading the way
- Record attendance for a Women’s Rugby World Cup
- Record social and digital media engagement inspiring new rugby fans
- Ball in play time 10 per cent greater than the men’s game
More so than any other edition, Ireland 2017 has captured the imagination beyond the sport’s traditional reach. Viewership and social engagement records tumbled, new stars were born and, yet again, the performance bar was raised by the world’s top players and teams.