23 May, 11:00
The Irish Rugby Football Union today announced ticket prices for the Guinness Series 2013 and a pre-sale to Supporters Club members, which will open on 30th May.
The aim of the Player Services Advisor is to assist players in achieving a sport/life balance during their careers and ultimately to make the transition out of professional rugby as smooth as possible when that time comes.
The PSP assists players in undertaking educational, vocational and personal development opportunities. The Player Services Advisor will be responsible for managing the delivery of the PSP to the Leinster and Ulster squads.
The successful candidate will be required to achieve set targets under the following areas:
- Career and education training
- Personal and professional development
- Player image and brand awareness
- Financial planning and management
- Management of specific welfare and support programmes
The Player Services Advisor will be required to develop and maintain close working relationships with players and the provincial team management in Leinster and Ulster.
They will be required to attend quarterly meetings of both the Leinster and Ulster Player Services Working Parties, and provide regular progress reports.
The successful candidates will:
- Have a minimum of three years experience and a record of achievement in delivering a professional programme, preferably within a service or support environment.
- Be educated to degree level preferably in a discipline related to the role.
- Be an excellent communicator/ presenter with the ability to build close relationships with stakeholders.
- Have excellent organisational skills and be highly motivated.
- Preferably have experience and knowledge in some of the following areas: career planning with adults, learning and development programmes, outplacement and recruitment, knowledge of education courses and training providers, knowledge of employee welfare and general well-being.
- Preferably have a background in sport and an understanding of elite athletes' needs and requirements.
This is a unique career opportunity to work within the top professional sport operating in Ireland today. IRUPA will continue to support the success of our players by ensuring their welfare is paramount. This key role, reporting directly to the IRUPA CEO, will play an important part in providing that support.
Applicants should note that the Player Services Advisor will be required to travel between Dublin and Belfast on a weekly basis, and therefore should hold a current and valid driver's license in Ireland/UK.
Applicants should forward a CV and a cover letter of no more than one page, in confidence to:
The closing date for applications is 5pm on Monday, July 23
For a full description of the role, please click here.
IRUPA is an equal opportunities employer.
|irishrugby.ie Fans' Poll|