Outgoing Munster second row Ian Nagle has decided to take a break from professional rugby for the immediate future.
In April Ian Nagle, who was on loan to Newcastle Falcons, confirmed that he would leave Munster at the end of the 2013/14 season.
The former Glenstal Abbey student and UCC Commerce graduate has now made the decision to further his education in seeking a graduate management programme place while working in Washington DC.
The Buttevant man, who is 25, does not wish to close the door on rugby completely at this stage but will not pursue any professional rugby opportunities for the immediate future.
Commenting on his decision, Nagle said: "The opportunity arose to join a friend in launching a consultancy firm in DC. It's a big decision to take time out from rugby but an exciting challenge to focus on something completely different.
"I would like to wish the management and all the lads the very best for the season and give huge thanks to the extended Munster family, who I know have many exciting days ahead."
There was positive news coming from the Munster medical department this week with no fresh injury concerns following last Friday GUINNESS PRO12 defeat to the Scarlets, while a number of players are making a full return to training.
In an in-depth interview IRFU Performance Director speaks about Ireland's Rugby World Cup review and the key learnings, the structure of the professional game, player contracts and movement and the challenges and opportunities for Irish Rugby.
After releasing details of the Leinster Academy panel for 2015/16, Academy manager and former Ireland international Girvan Dempsey spoke of his excitement about the new emerging talent and the players who are graduating to the professional ranks.
Speaking to Rob Murphy after Connacht's PRO12 victory over the Dragons, head coach Pat Lam said: "There are some things to learn from, but we're pleased to start with a win. When you consider nine in that starting group are under 23, it's good to see some of those talented guys get a chance - particularly the new ones."
Irish Rugby TV ventured west to cover the launch of Mazda's continued support of Connacht Rugby. We hear from new arrival and Mazda Ambassador Mils Muliaina, Kieran Marmion, Jake Heenan and former captain Gavin Duffy.
Looking forward to the new GUINNESS PRO12 season, Connacht captain John Muldoon said: "We've a lot of younger guys who have big years ahead of them and a few big name signings who will hopefully be able to fit into the system and work hard among the ethos of Connacht Rugby."
Irish Rugby TV was at the launch of the GUINNESS PRO12 and we caught up with Jamie Heaslip, Pat Lam, John Muldoon, Matt O'Connor and Rory Sheridan of Diageo as the new sponsor gets ready to kick off an exciting season.
Speaking during Connacht's training trip to Ballinrobe RFC, captain John Muldoon said: "It's great to see the jerseys and the people coming out to support us today. Long may it continue because we're not a Galway team, we're a Connacht team and that's what we want to push and that's why we come out on these days out."
Young hooker David Heffernan, who extended his current deal with Connacht in April, enjoyed a trip back to his native Mayo as Pat Lam's men held an open training session at Ballinrobe RFC earlier this week.