The Level 2 course is for Head Coaches working with advanced 15 side teams, with higher technical competencies and understanding of the game. The course develops the Principles of Play through Functional Role Analysis of the Identities of rugby.
At the end of the course the coach is expected to develop individual players' abilities to undertake and adjust their specific roles in a changing environment within each of the identities of rugby.
Sport specific and generic modules are examined at a more advanced level, together with the introduction of modules which develop the coaches' ability to understand interpersonal relationships, team dynamics in conjunction with increasing the players' tactical appreciation.
The course develops the coach as 'Facilitator'.
• Head Coach position (actively coaching at an appropriate level - Stage 4)
• Accredited level one coach for a minimum of one year.
• Assimilated - Proven senior/professional rugby playing or coaching experience
*Priority will be given to head coaches working at the higher levels
Accreditation (1 to 2 Seasons)
• Full course attendance (2 weekends)
• Laws test (paper) - if not already completed
• Log 60 hours coaching (diary)
• Produce a season's plan (technical, tactical, physiological and mental aspects)
• 2 practical coaching assessments
• Develop Mid-Season feedback questionnaire & observation report
Actively Coaching for 4 years at appropriate level (Stage 4) and update clinic (4 years)
Liable to adjustment as required